Thursday, January 14, 2021 | 1:00pm EST
COST: $247 per dial-in connection
Did Active Adult Beat COVID?
We all know that the current pandemic has ravaged census at many of our seniors housing communities and nursing homes. But you probably did not know that Active Adult communities still have very high occupancy levels. And high margins. And high values.
As the average age in assisted and independent living communities has increased, a void has been created for the “young” elderly, especially the healthy ones. At the same time, as new developments in seniors housing added more and more bells and whistles, another void was created, and that was the “forgotten middle.”
- How the Active Adult occupancy rates actually fared during the pandemic
- What the characteristics of a typical community are
- Where the developments are going up and at what cost
- What happens when residents may “age out”
- Where cap rates are and where rates of return may be going
- Whether Active Adult will be the next big thing for seniors housing
- Who is buying and why
Join us on Thursday January 14 as we dissect this growing and important market to see whether it can meet the current unmet demand for something different.
Steve Monroe, Managing Editor, The SeniorCare Investor (moderator)
Zach Crowe, Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
Chad Lavender, Vice Chairman, Newmark
Robert May, Managing Partner, Avenida Partners